Thursday, May 19, 2011

Take a second to help make the world a better place!

I am already 52 years old and have spent most of my adult life being shy and lonely.  However, I will admit that I can be judgmental, short, opinionated, and even hateful.  I like to write and was spending some time on some of my websites (Facebook, Twitter and  MyLot are a few of them).  I have always known of the virtue and power of kindness, but never really gave it much thought.  What if everyone took just a second out of their day to be kind to another person?  An insurance company did an ad campaign on that very thought.  The commercials were very well done and hopeful did more then sell insurance.  It is my insurance company, Liberty Mutual, by the way that did it and I hope that they will continue to air that campaign again soon.

It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words.  What is a quick moment of kindness worth?  Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone took a second out of their day to do something nice for someone else?  As of today, I am pledging to spend some time each day to pass that thought in as many venues and  websites and to try to spread this simple thought and hopeful it will become a movement that will change the way we live our lives.  Such a pure and innocent thought could become a movement to help us to change our world for the better.  Let's hope that the concept quickly catches on.

If you would like to help me get the ball rolling, email me at:  <Itscooltobekind@yahoo.com> and please follow me on Twitter where I will be "Itscooltobekind".  Let's start a revolution of compassion and kindness.  We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment