Yesterday, after taking some time to grieve and reflect, I've finally written a passage for the guestbook that comes along with her obituary. My sister, Joyce Harju Tredeau, did a wonderful job on it. It's available at: http://www.canalefuneral.com/obituary/AILI-LEAH-IRENE-HARJU/Marquette/1149990
My Mom was not only a wonderful mother but just as good of a friend that a person could hope for. She is a wonderful lady and is truly missed. But, as Mom taught me at an early age, it's polite to share. So may the Lord and of all of His Children in Heaven enjoy the true treasure that she is. And now, I offer my tribute to her, to be kept with her obituary, so that others will come to discover the marvelous person that she is.
To Leah, my loving Mother,
May you find a peace, happiness, joy and an abundance of love in Heaven. These are just a few of the many qualities that those of us who were lucky to have had you in our lives felt as your endless love shown through. May the rest of your journey be as wonderful as the memories and love that you gave so willingly and freely every single day.
I pray that you will find comfort in being able to be with your Mom, who was taken from you far to early in your young life. Now, you will be able to spend more quality time with your Dad, brothers, sisters and other family members, too. May you be a comfort and bring joy to those who left us before you, and bring the warmth of your smile, your laugh, your humor and your sweet voice. A life lived so sweetly, with caring and compassion and a heart beyond compare.
You are truly missed on this earth, a rare gem, a soul so full of life and of love. May a person who can live a life giving just a fraction of the kindness and goodness that you shared, be a truly rich soul who has lived a wonderous, bountiful and beautiful life. God smiled warmly the day that He created you! May His Goodness and Kindness allow Him to create a multitude of souls as gentle, thoughtful, gracious as you are. The world is a better place for your having been on it. With all my love, your Tom.
- Let's get started...let me introduce myself.
- I'm Gonna Live My Life Out Loud!
- So, You've got Alzheimer's...
- Alzheimer's...Is this really "living"?
- Some BANKS and CREDIT CARD Companies are literally robbing the Consumer!
- Second hand smoke does cause death!
- The Joy of Traveling by car in the United States
- Let's start trying to balance the budget! Instant yearly savings of over $9 Million!
- Graphic warnings on cigarette packages are a good idea!
- American's are getting SICK & TIRED of the B.S. going on in Washington!